8:48 AM

(0) Comments

How to Fix Your iPod

Hans

All iPods are broken. In this article I'll explain how to fix your iPod. "My iPod's not broken, it plays my music just fine!" Oh you-that-have-been-bought-by-expensive-apple-marketing, read on.

Try this: first, update your iTunes library on your iPod, like you do every morning. Then, simulate a catestrophic failure of your computer's hard-drive (a not-so-uncommon event) by throwing your computer into a lake or something. "Not to fear - my iTunes library is on my iPod, right?!" Wrong. Now connect your iPod to your other computer, start-up iTunes, and click the "Restore My iTunes Library" button. "Ok, just a second... uh... wait, that button doesn't exist!" Exactly.

Apple prevents you from "pulling" your very own music off of your iPod onto your computer. You can only "push" it on. No engineer would purposefully omit such an obvious feature from the iPod - it must be broken!

[more to come]


iPods run on an ARM7TDMI processor.
iPods can be controlled over a serial bus using the Apple Accessory Protocol.
iPod connectors have a 30-pin connector.
0 Responses to "How to Fix Your iPod"